Wednesday, May 4, 2011


Where have you been as an artist? Where are you going?

      My art piece was sketched out in pencil, and then colored in with black marker. I wanted to create an art piece that was centered around  illusion as my theme. The illusion would be created by using one basic shape and one basic color, rectangles, and black. I love to use shapes in my art work.
 I have developed, a love for patterns, and now am exploring illusion. My art piece represents my past, how I came into the Boston Arts Academy, as a little artist, doing abstract work, not even knowing what the word ''abstract'' meant, but using shapes, and patterns to display my love for abstract design. This art piece also represent where I am going, I want to advance my abstract gift, making shapes as illusion, and 3D sculptures, making a place in the world for my way of thinking, and creating art.

Why is my art piece  mostly black and white?

      I believe that if you use less colors, and one bold color like black, then the art piece can pop out at you, and pull the audience attention. This is not always true about art, but I think it works for my art piece. I also think that basic shapes, like rectangles, and squares can be designed to be boldly in your face, I wanted my work to be bold and daring. Although I did have a vision for what I wanted this piece of art work to look like, I did not know how it was going to turn out. The little open boxes that are actually 3D, were suppose to be what I take, and what I put into life, and in my art work. I wanted to show that I am constantly opening up new chapters in my life, with art, goals and, dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment