Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Series





My art series takes on the theme of artist and patient by creating designs that portrays the way that Children's Hospital is designed from the outside in, also a self portrait that symbolizes me as a patient. I have chosen to create images that is based on a certain areas of Children's Hospital, such as the entrance, the first thing that I see, and the artist area inside of Children's Hospital, which is my favorite place to go to sit and think. As a child, I have spent many hours at Children's Hospital getting treatment for my illness; I have spent so much time there I call it my second home. To honor and also reflect the time that I have spent there, I decided to make a series of designs that shows the way I imagine as a patient. To convey this theme/ personal meaning I have created these images using basic shapes and bright colors to show what Children's Hospital looks like to me. Going to Children's Hospital to explore the architecture, how was it is built and designed was a really big part of my process, because it gave me an idea of how I could create a design that does not take to much explaining but has a very deep understanding of what it means to be an artist and a patient. My self portrait as a patient Iwanted to have a deeper meaning then just a iconic face that is suppose to represent myself. I wanted myself portrait to show what I have been through as a patient, telling a story through shapes and color. I have chosen to use basic shapes, because I wanted to do a simple designs for a theme that shows my point of view as the artist and patient. I wanted my art pieces to have a clear meaning that connects to myself and my theme, I want my audience to be lead to the feelings that I have put into this three art pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment