Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In the Process: Where I Am Now

My Idea for my first art piece, abstract building of Children's Hospital has not changed, but the scale of which I am working in has changed. Instead of drawing big I decided to go a little bit smaller, so that I can include more details in the piece. If I would have decided to stay big I would have been unable to put as much detail that I want. Working big, and having a lot of details would take so much time, time that I wish I could give, because my theme, patient, and artist is really important to me.
I have started over two time now, the first piece the craft, and the idea was not well done. The craft was an extreme failure, because when I cut into it, the cuting was not straight lines at all, and at that point I felt like it could not be saved. I know that we are asked to make one failure piece, and this art piece might be that piece, but at the same time I want to make it the best failure piece ever. I want it to look like I put all that I had into it. I want it to be such a failure that it can actrually be called a success.                                          
 My second start over was me working bigger then I wanted to do, so I picked a smaller piece of paper to work on. My idea has to be perfectly drawn, or the viewers will not understand it. I am drawing to picture on
one piece of paper the inside, and the outside of Children's Hospital. Although they will share the same space I still want each scene to be understandable, and at the same time still have the scenes connect to each other.











WHERE I AM NOW:


It may not seem like a lot, but I am taking it a step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment