Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Art Piece One is Completed

     The process for this first art piece was stressful, I started over three time, because I was not satisfied with the out come of the others. The other three unfinished art pieces were done by hand, and were different scale sizes. Although the scale size did change the theme was the same, patient and artist.
     My final attempt to do this art piece took a different turn, I ended up drawing my image on the computer in photo shop and printing the images on glossy photo paper.  The first three attempts I was going to draw the inside  and outside of Children Hospital on the same piece of paper, but that did not work out. I struggle to find enough space for both the inside and outside of Children hospital, so I decided to only do the outside using basic shapes.
     The style of my piece is based on opart, the use of patterns and shapes, it has a kaleidoscope affect when you look at it. The color of the piece is suppose to make the shapes pop out.
     From this piece and this process I have learned that good work needs a lot of time a effort, and sometime you need to start over to achieve the look and meaning you want your art piece to have. Also that good work sometime comes with stress, but you have to keep going even if at the end the art piece is a complete failure. Another thing I've learned is that I love working on photo shop, design my piece on the computer.
     My next piece will be the inside of Children Hospital, using basic shapes. This piece will be more complex, and bigger in size compared to my first piece. It will also be based on opart.

No comments:

Post a Comment