Wednesday, May 4, 2011

From The Inside



From The Inside is a part of my series,(artist and patient) the design is inspired by op art. The image has been taken and flipped to give the image a sense of space, using the style of op art. This art piece is designed using basic shapes and bight colors to convey a feeling of safeness and happiness. Children's Hospital is one of my main focus when it come to my theme. Spending a lot of my time there I decided to focus on the inside of Children's Hospital for my second art piece in my series because there is a specific place inside of Children's Hospital, an area where I go to relax and sit to reflect upon my life. This area within Children's Hospital is dedicated to art, the images that are hanging on the walls have bright, bold colors and they have been placed in an intimate setting. In my design, I am trying to mimic this space, wanting not only to create the same feeling but honoring it the best that I can. It has become my special thinking place. I use many of the same bright bold colors in my own design, such as yellow, blue and red so that the art piece and space can share the same type of feeling and intimacy. I use squares and rectangles because theses shapes made up the area. The shapes maybe simple but the colors describe the feeling of the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment