Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Patient



The Patient  is the last art piece in my series that has the theme of artist and patient, the design takes on the style of op art. One image is printed out several times and flipped then assembled together to create a design. This art piece I call a self portrait, because it is how I see myself as a patient who is an artist. I used only squares and rectangles because I saw the image as being connected to a game. In my life as in games, there are many obstacles I have had to go through . At times I would spend a week or more in the hospital trying to get better so that I would be able to go home, but sometimes my health would prevent me from doing so. I had to go though all the obstacles to be able to get better and head out the hospital's door and go home. The yellow rectangles represent me, as the black rectangles and square get in my way, I find a way through them to be able to walk down the bright white stairs and walk out the door. I chose to use a lot of black squares and rectangles because black used in this piece is a symbol of a hard time, the struggle of making my way to the door. The background is purple because for me personally it bring a peacefulness to the art piece, dealing with something that is so emotional for me. I used yellow because I wanted a color to compliment the purple but also be strong enough to stand against the black. The one small red rectangle represents a person who is trapped and was not as lucky as I was to make it to the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment